ABLE Accounts, Trusts, Financial and Benefits Planning
The ABLE National Resource Center invites you to learn from a panel of experts about how ABLE accounts might interact, and compare to, special needs trust, pooled income trusts, and financial and benefits planning. Areas to be addressed will include:
- What are critical factors to make informed decisions?
- What are the differences between various types of trusts?
- Would I want to open an ABLE account in addition to or instead of a trust?
- What is the range of costs involved in opening a trust or an ABLE account?
- What is benefits planning and how does it relate to financial planning?
Moderator: Michael Morris, Executive Director of National Disability Institute
- Yolanda Mazyck, Executive Director of Shared Horizons Pooled Special Needs Trust
- Kelly Thompson, Trust and Estate Attorney
- James Sheldon, Supervising Attorney at Neighborhood Legal Services Inc.
- Mark Friese, Vice President at Merrill Lynch, Menick-Friese Group
- William Thompson, Deputy Executive Director of Florida Prepaid College Board, Florida ABLE Program